Port Augusta: Crossroads Christian Centre
Venue: 5 Seaview Road Port Augusta
Office: PO Box 270 Port Augusta SA 5700
Tel: 0427 638 431
Crossroads Christian Centre, a CRC assembly, has been established in Pt Augusta for more than 50 years. Situated 300 kms north of Adelaide, the city is a major gateway to both the Northern Territory and Western Australia. An historical rail centre, this junction point city is now leading Australia in solar technologies and eco-tourism into the magnificent nearby Flinders Ranges. Part of the Iron triangle of SA’s mid north, together with the cities of Whyalla and Port Pirie, Pt Augusta serves the Mining region through the adjacent South Australian outback.
With a population of some 15,000 people, this regional centre has a diversity of cultures, providing for heavy and service industry as well as rural and service industry support to the surrounding region. It is a city that has attracted a lot of government support due to the high number of indigenous Australians in the city, as well as the significant levels of social need amongst parts of the community.
In this context the Crossroads Christian Centre provides a wonderful ministry opportunity to impact a diverse, unique and needy community. The church has its own property and buildings in the heart of the town. It is made up of an active congregation of some 50 people, running a number of outreach programmes to the community as well as regular Sunday Services. It ministers to a significant number of indigenous Australians through some of these programmes and also through its Sunday services.
The church despite being without a Pastor for some 18 months, has continued in good heart with numerous people being saved and baptized in water of recent months.
The position then is for a Pastor, employed initially for one day a week with opportunity for this to grow as the church begins to expand.
- Current “CRC Churches” Pastors credential.
- Relevant “CRC Churches” training requirements.
The Pastor should be able to demonstrate:
- A love for God and His people
- Unquestionable Godly and moral character and a good reputation
- Spiritual and emotional maturity
- Sound knowledge of the Bible and the Gospel of Grace
- Ability to preach, teach and move in the Spiritual Gifts of the Holy Spirit with confidence and clarity in public
- The ability to develop and manage teams and mentor leaders
- Written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of CRC and general governance policies, standards and procedures
- Financial management skills
- The ability to implement agreed policy and procedures
The Pastor together with the Eldership will:
- Exercise leadership, promote vision and the implementation of it.
- Preach and teach sound doctrine centred around the New Creation/ Righteousness message and of the abundant Grace of God, to enhance Sonship.
- Minister as required, both publicly and on a personal basis.
- Provide counselling and pastoral care.
- Oversee the development of effective ministry teams.
- Support and oversee congregational activities.
- Oversee and support the promotion of local and overseas missions.
SALARY PACKAGE AND REMUNERATION
To be negotiated but may include an expense account. There will be a need for bi- vocational alternative income.
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
For more information, or to apply for this position please contact:
Assembly Leader/ Elder
04027 842 410
Pastor Hans Voortman