MORNINGTON CHRISTIAN CHURCH INC.
CURRAWONG COMMUNITY CENTRE, Currawong St. Mornington, Vic
P.O. Box 451, Mornington, Vic. 3931 Phone 03 97829015
SENIOR PASTOR POSITION
MORNINGTON CHRISTIAN CHURCH, a CRC assembly, has been established in Mornington for over 30 years. Situated 70 kms south of the city of Melbourne, and 14 kms from Frankston it is a thriving centre of activity of the very popular Mornington Peninsula.
Mornington is a highly popular tourist destination centred on beach, recreational activities, wineries, markets and horse racing plus many other attractions.
Mornington Peninsula Shire has a population of 154,000 people and the church is only a 5-minute drive from the thriving retail shopping centre of Mornington that attracts many visitors for the markets, shops and restaurants.
The church is centred in a residential area around a primary and catholic school in addition to the main secondary school, and a growing number of large retirement villages.
Currently the church has a congregation of 30 to 40 people who are dedicated, committed and faithful to the vision and purpose of the church.
- Current “CRC Churches” Pastors credential.
- Relevant CRC Churches” training requirements.
The Senior Pastor will be able to demonstrate:
- A love for God and His people
- Unquestionable Godly and moral character and a good reputation
- Spiritual and emotional maturity
- Sound knowledge of the Bible and the Gospel of Grace
- Ability to preach, teach and move in the Spiritual Gifts of the Holy Spirit with confidence and clarity in public
- The ability to develop and manage teams and mentor leaders
- Written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of governance policies, standards and procedures
- Financial management skills
- The ability to implement agreed policy and procedures
The Senior Pastor together with the Eldership will:
- Exercise leadership, promote vision and the implementation of it
- Preach and teach sound doctrine centred around the New Creation, Righteousness message and of the abundant Grace of God, to enhance Sonship
- Minister as required, both publicly and on a personal basis
- Provide counselling and pastoral care
- Oversee the development of effective ministry teams
- Support and oversee congregational activities
- Oversee and support the promotion of local and overseas missions
SALARY PACKAGE AND RENUMERATION
To be negotiated but will include an expense account and there will be a need for some alternative income
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
For more information, or to apply for this position please contact:
Pastor Tony Marsden
Phone – 03 5983 0093 or mb. – 0400 867 004, email – email@example.com
John Hallo [elder]
Phone mb – 0458572855, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Amphlett [elder]
Phone – 0404514876, email – email@example.com
Pastor Bruce Sharman [Victorian Treasurer]
Phone – 0417974279, email – firstname.lastname@example.org