These Strategic Directions have been prayerfully and purposefully framed to help us collectively work together as a family of churches and ministers to fulfil the dream that Jesus has for CRC Churches International Australia.
Our National Executive team have additionally set some specific actions under each of the broad strategies listed, along with some measurable metrics as one way of helping us assess our progress. This will support us in not only staying on track, but also to make any needed adjustments along the way.
The CRC’s catchcry is ‘Creating Churches … Changing Worlds’. Our big faith goal is to have 500 churches in Australia, and a CRC ministry presence in every nation of our world by 2045 – our centenary as a Movement. We are presently ministering in over 60 nations and have 121 churches in Australia. This growth target seems monumental but as we break it down into five year periods, we can see that it’s more than possible (Ephesians 3:20).
For example, to grow from 121 to 151 churches by 2023 we only need to establish 6 new churches a year. If we achieve this, then for our next 5 year plan (2023-2028) we will need to establish 10 churches a year to have 201 churches by this time in 2028. Each church planted brings with it the potential to birth even more churches. Thus what now seems an enormous task becomes achievable as we prioritise and work to achieve the goal.
Fellow pastors and church leadership teams, this requires us to pray with faith (James 5:16-18) and to diligently implement the strategies of this 5 year plan (James 4:17-18).
The CRC will progress for generations to come if it does not deviate from being a Biblically-Grounded, Christ-Centred, Holy-Spirit Led, People-Loving, Forward-Moving (in faith and obedience) and Outwardly-Focused (radic not centric in its ministry and mission) Movement. Lord Jesus, help us to never shift from Your vision for Your church (Matthew 22:36-40; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:37-47).
Our International, National and State teams are all dedicated to working together in love and unity as we extend Jesus’ influence across our world, and with humility serve the best interests of all of our ministers and churches.
In Christ’s Service,
Pastor Bill Vasilakis
National Chairman CRC Churches International
Our Vision, Mission, and Faith Goal
OUR VISION is to help expand the Kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth by creating Bible-based, contemporary local churches and ministries.
OUR MISSION is to exalt Jesus Christ in all that we think, say and do, and to extend His influence throughout the world.
OUR FAITH GOAL is to have 500 CRC churches in Australia, and a CRC presence in every Nation by 2045 (our centenary).
Proclaiming Christ's GospelWe achieve this by Proclaiming Christ’s Gospel with the expectation that supernatural signs will follow as the normal New Testament pattern (Mark 16:15-20)
GOAL … to help our churches establish an evangelistic presence in their communities to bring people to Christ.
Mark 16:15 “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
1. Develop a passionate heart and stirring faith for winning lost people
2. Produce and promote evangelism training tools
3. Identify, promote and release our CRC Evangelists
4. Inspire churches to effect spiritual change in their communities.
…Holy Spirit Empowerment
GOAL … to help our churches release the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Mark 16:20 “Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the
signs that accompanied it.”
1. Emphasise the baptism in the Holy Spirit
2. Encourage the use of the gifts of the Holy Spirit
GOAL … to utilise the opportunities that technology affords to spread the Good News.
Acts 1:8 “You will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere..’”
1. Expand the effectiveness of the CRC website
2. Facilitate the CRC’s presence on other online platforms
3. Provide CRC resources for seekers online.
Planting Christ-Centred ChurchesWe achieve this by Planting Christ-centred churches that are autonomous, interdependent and self-propagating (Acts 14:21-28)
GOAL … to align ourselves with Christ’s master-plan for world evangelism by Spirit-led church planting.
Romans 15:20 “It has always been my ambition to preach the Gospel where Christ was not known…”
1. Facilitate Church planting training events
2. Connect potential Church planters with CRC training
3. Prepare leaders for Church planting
4. Re-establish a culture of Church planting
5. Create clear pathways for independent Churches to join the CRC
6. Reach multi-cultural communities.
GOAL … to ensure our ministers and leaders are connected meaningfully in interdependent, nurturing and caring relationships.
Acts 2:42 “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. “
1. Encourage meaningful connections across all regions
2. Celebrate ministry milestones.
Promoting Christ-Glorifying Christian CommunitiesWe achieve this by Promoting Christ-glorifying Christian communities which outwork the miraculous and character transforming ministry of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:42-47)
GOAL … to resource our churches for effective, fruitful and growing ministry.
Acts 16:5 “So the churches were strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers.”
1. Facilitate healthily growing churches
2. Resource our Senior Ministers to lead effectively
3. Support good governance in our churches.
…Shaping Generations – Children, Youth, Young Adults
GOAL … to inspire and equip our churches to have spiritually effective ministries to children, youth and young adults.
1 Timothy 4:12 “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love,
in faith and in purity.”
1. Connect CRC Children’s leaders across Australia
2. Grow leadership skills and capacity of Children’s leaders
3. Equip Children’s leaders and teams to enact effective local ministry discipleship strategies.
1. Resource CRC Youth leaders across Australia
2. Facilitate inspirational youth events
3. Streamline communications to enact effective local ministry discipleship strategies.
YOUNG ADULT STRATEGIES
1. Develop CRC Young Adults leaders across Australia
2. Intensify our focus on young adults ministry.
Producing Christ-Following DisciplesWe achieve this by Producing Christ-following disciples who seek to obey the Great Commandment and Great Commission (Matthew 22:36-40; 28:18-20)
GOAL … to embrace Jesus’ Great Commission as our first priority, accepting the responsibility for developing a world vision in our churches.
Matthew 28:18 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.”
1. Promote missions more effectively
2. Provide missions training opportunities
3. Strengthen our existing nations
4. Encourage the opening of new nations.
GOAL … to resource our CRC churches to grow the leadership and ministry development culture.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
1. Help leaders to produce leaders
2. Develop the skills of leaders and ministers
3. Expand the CRC College of Ministry
4. Create Training Centres
5. Produce the next generation of world changers.
…Church Based Schools
GOAL … to inspire churches to establish Christian schools, developing a generation of nation changers with a clear Christian world view.
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
1. Raise awareness
2. Develop start up programs
3. Start a CRC Church Schools Association
4. Establish CRC schools across Australia
5. Align CRC Church schools with the Great Commission.